Sep 23, 2010

Crash...Burn

A few people have e-mailed me now about shotView being broken in the new Maya 2011.

I apologize to those of you who may have had trouble with this. Now that I don't use Maya for work, these things can go unnoticed for a while...

The issue people are reporting is the preferences window resizing itself to some stupidly big numbers, so you basically can't save any preferences. I recently loaded it up in Maya and figured out the problem, but I just need to find some time to fix it and update the script on Creativecrash.

For those of you interested, I will fix the problem within the next 2 weeks.


14 comments:

Jonathan Topf said...

Thats great news, I didn't want to bug you as Im sure you are a busy person :) but thats great to hear that it will be fixed soon!

Fes said...

Excellent news. Thank you SOOOO much. :)

Dean said...

great!! thanks

Jason Meah said...

great stuff am only just starting to use 2011 now would be lost without shotview its great:)

Jonas said...

Just curious, but what is the cause? Is it some sort of layout code that is making it grow continuously like that in 2011? I've noticed it on other scripts of mine.

Fes said...

Any word on this, Cameron? :)

f2 said...

:(

Kim Hazel said...

Hooray!

Also, there seems to be a problem with playblast compression in the shotView window. If you get to that, I would be eternally grateful. :)

Thanks for keeping shotView updated!

Anonymous said...

Any word on this? :(

Jamaal Bradley said...

Hey Cameron...

I have been playing with this a bit and it has a lot of potential, especially for just quick ideas for movement (just as you stated)..

cool stuff

JB

Fes said...

Hey Cameron,
There's a weird bug in the shotView script even after you fixed the preferences window bug.

The quality of the playblasts from ShotView is coming out really pixelated and poor.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cameron.
I have the same problem with the poor quality of playblasts.
I was wondering how to fix this.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm having the same problem with playblasts now. It's completely unusable. Bummer, because this is my number 1 animation tool wherever I go to work. This is on Maya 2011 SP1.

Anonymous said...

Actually, found a solution:

Find where the actual playblast command is (there are two occurances where this actually matters) and put these flags inside the command:
-compression "IYUV codec" -quality 80
(or whatever codec you want - get this from doing a native Maya playblast first)